Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Informative Speech

While giving an informative speech about the History of the Guinness book of world records I found I needed to work on my eye contact with the audience, I was mainly staring at the slides. Note cards would've helped in this istance. I also said "uh" and "and" too much during the presentation. This could be due to a lack of preperation or lack of enthusiasim. I still need to learn to be louder but I was better this time. Also did you notice that there was a right side of the class room? I didn't during this speech as I was shifting around like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I also needed to add voice inflictions through out the speech unlike the monotone that I carried through out, but who could tell if I had a monotone because I can't hear myself on the recording. There is apparently a mouse in the classroom now unless I find the courage to speak up, be sure to hide Mr. Lunn. I need to have a stronger ending as well other than walking away in a hasty retreat as I try not to go red faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment